Friday, June 18, 2010

Big Rock

A few days into staff training, we decided to go on an overnight. We usually do at least one overnight when the campers arrive, so I guess a good start would be for us to take one ourselves first! It took us a while to pack everything we needed into dry bags (food, clothes, supplies, tents, matresses etc) and get them into our kayaks and canoes. It was a good hour paddle to get to our destination called Big Rock. Most of us sung disney songs the whole way there and when we got there we were surprised that we knew an hours worth of disney songs! When we got there some of us spotted a bald eagle sitting up in the trees, which is apparently a rare find.


Me and Fairey

It was really awesome setting up our tents, chilling by the fire and cooking our quessidillas which watching the sunset. Some people even decided to sleep outside because it was hot in the tents. We bonded, ate food, hung out and shared stories and memories while the sun set down, then climbed into our tents to go to sleep. Just before we went to sleep a barge came through the lake (there is a barge channel through the lake), so Fairey and I stayed up to watch it pass.


The sunset over Big Rock

In the morning we cooked breakfast, (bagels and omelets) over the fire and then packed up to head back to camp. We did a bit of singing on the way back, but not too much as we got a little bit seperated! Overall the overnight went well, and I wore my sailing gloves to prevent me from getting blisters from my paddle. It was awesome getting to watch the sunset go down over the pretty bay.

I'm still having a lot of fun, and I know the my uploading at the moment is horribly slow! I will try to improve its just really hard to find the time to upload. Everyone at camp is really great and i'm having a blast!

Byeees
Fem (Bambi)
xx

2 comments:

  1. Great you saw a bald eagle. I'm so proud you still take moments to appreciate the natural beauty around you. Disney uhh, I guess it is a small world after all! - Anja

    ReplyDelete