Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shop till you drop!

I woke up early this morning in my bunk. Camiel shot-gunned the bottom bunk, so I was at the top. It was very hot up there, even with the air con and fan going. I slept with no blanket at all, and in shorts and singlet. Once everyone was up and had breakfast (free breakfast at the motel until 9am! Sweet!), we jumped in the car and headed off to the Cairns mall.


Us kids at the mall

The mall was big compared to the size of our malls, and was just opening when we arrived at 9am. Although there was only 2 floors, it was still big. The food court consisted of McDonalds and a lot of chinese. There were also lots of bakery’s inside and a juice bar called ‘Boost’ - which Camiel claims do the best slushies and smoothies. They had a lot of the same stores that we do; Cotton on, Diva, Equip, Supre, Yd... but a lot of new ones as well. We bought Esmee some pink flip flops and a skirt, and Camiel some singlets from Cotton On. The first thing I bought was sunnies :) . I needed them! It was so blinding outside, not to mention the colour of my legs... haha. We finally reached the shop that mum and I were so eager to see. Target. I heard that there is one coming in Porirua sort of besides Bunnings? Anyway, this was exciting! I love Target, so we had a look around for things like towels and water coolers, as we needed these if we were going to tent. We didn’t have much luck, but I enjoyed the short experience anyway.



Target!

After the mall we hit an outlet mall which was about 2 or 3 times the size of Dressmart in Tawa. We saw the HUGEST ants I have ever seen in my life on someones car. They were still there when we came back half an hour later. Smiggle was there, along with Jay Jay’s and Just Jeans. The prices of the clothes here are roughly the same, which sucks! I was hoping it would be a bit cheaper so that I have a good excuse to buy heaps of new clothes. So after a bit of clothe and cutlery shopping here and there, we decided to go and hunt for our essentials; a tent, sleeping bags etc. So we hit off to the camping stores. We kept going up and down from one store to the other, comparing prices and trying to find the cheapest and most affordable. A couple of hours later we had two identical tents, 4 mattresses and blankets and pillows for almost everybody.


The ants that we saw!

Lunch had passed by now, and we headed back to the motel as everybody was tired and grumpy from the up and down shopping. From the size of the shopping malls and outlets here, I could shop forever! So Esmee and I jumped in the pool when we got back to the motel to refresh ourselves, and our now chilling in our room while mum and dad are out doing the groceries. Tomorrow we are doing the Great Barrier Reef! I am so excited for it. We are taking a boat cruise out and then snorkeling. Still haven’t hit the beach yet, but that is definitely on my to-do list!

See ya later!
Fem
xox

1 comment:

  1. Hey Fem,
    Sounds you have a good time. I wish I could see the Great Barrier Reef and have some sun. It's damn cold down here.
    Too bad your shopping-excuse didn't work out. But you still have a lot of shopping opportunities along the way (google a pic of aus) to melbourne.
    I'll often try to have a look on your blog. Keep posting, and ofcourse a lot of pics!
    xx

    ReplyDelete